Modern fairytale beauty and woodsy Old World charm can spark love and style beyond the storybooks. Just take a stunning modern-day princess and a dashing dark-eyed prince to a castle in the lush hills of a rustic hideaway and watch a new love story unfold. Weaving the tale of Rapunzel into an eclectic design -- where urban flair meets classic details and where clean modern lines meet romantic rustic textures -- was the inspiration for this styled shoot.
Princess Rapunzel and Prince Eugene give off New Age royalty vibes as they pair bold and trendy with timeless. The edgy tousled pickups of the bride’s gown give the sweetheart bodice an unexpected trendiness; while the pearls and crystals in her accessories give a timeless feel. His inky blue tux turns from the classic color choices, while his satin bowtie and ruffled shirt show off throwback style.
At the reception, a turquoise blue-speckled cowhide casually drapes across a chunky vintage table beneath a boldly not-so-center centerpiece for a defiantly funky edge. While the flowery antique-style china, simple stemware, and pops of rose gold anchor the tablescape in chic on-trend elegance. Add a honey-colored “naked” cake and powdered sugar dusted cake balls wrapped in doilies and you have a perfect balance of rustic textures and delicate styling.
There’s no end to the style and inspiration when a modern-day fairytale comes true!
- Wedding Planner & Designer: Distinct Event Planning
- Photographer: JazzyMae Photography
- Florist: SHE Floral Design Co.
- Venue: Ravenwood Castle
- Wedding Dress Boutique: White of Dublin
- Wedding Dress Designer: Ian Stuart
- Earrings: Thomas Knoell Designs
- Bracelet: Sara Gabriel
- Hair Sprays: Erin Cole
- Bride's Shoes: Blue by Betsey Johnson
- Tuxedo: Romanoff’s Classic Tuxedos
- Tuxedo Styling: Christopher Williams
- Models: Edna Araya and David Prabhu
- Hair Stylist: Nikki Snyder
- Makeup Artist: Makeup by Apryl
- Stationery: Alternative Hitches Fine Paper
- Cake: Encore Sweetery
- Rentals: Event Source
- Editorial Writer: Khalila Hayden
Click here to see this shoot on Black Bride Magazine.